December 09, 2007

That's Professor "Wine Snob" to You, Pal

The Wine School of Philadelphia

In Taste, its 2007 dining guide, Philadelphia Weekly said I am “one of the biggest wine snobs you’ll ever meet, and you’ll be glad you found your way into his sommelier presence.”

Now, it will be easier for you to find your way into my “sommelier presence.” I am now an instructor at The Wine School of Philadelphia.

But those looking for snobbery will be disappointed. Much like the wine writing on my blog, the classes I’ll be teaching at the Wine School are designed to demystify wine and make it more accessible to the masses. The school offers classes at two locations: its main location at 2006 Fairmount Ave. and at its newly-opened satellite classroom at Pinot Boutique, located in Old City at 227 Market St. Sign up for a class here.

Tomorrow I’ll tell you about a special opportunity to win a gift certificate good for two classes at the Wine School.

5 comments:

Albert said...

congrats prof!

Unknown said...

Congratulations David! I live just down the street from the Fairmount Wine School, might have to enroll in a class to learn from Professor Wine Snob.

Anonymous said...

Which classes are you teaching? We are prob. going to attend one in the new year.

PhilaFoodie said...

Thanks, Albert & e.

Laura, I'll be teaching the Wine 101 course to start and branching out from there.

Anonymous said...

Do you have a schedule yet of when you will hold classes at Pinot? I live about a block from there and I would love to stop out and take a class or two.