June 17, 2007

Neighborhoods, Chains and Outdoor Dining

Last Thursday City Paper came out with its 2007 Summer Dining Guide. This year it asked its writers to take its readers “on a culinary tour through some of the city’s most appetizing neighborhoods.” I wrote the piece on my neighborhood, the booming Washington Square West. I didn’t have room to talk about all of the restaurants in the area. So, if you have something to say about the ones I left out (or even the ones I did discuss), let me know here in the comments.

Last week I also wrote a piece for my WineCHOW column on ClassicWines.com about outdoor dining called Summer in the City. Most of the piece was composed while eating the juicy pork chop at 707 Restaurant & Bar I referred to in the above-mentioned City Paper piece. Ah, the beauty of multi-tasking.

Also, don’t forget to check out last week’s WineCHOW article called Disdain for the Chain, where I ask whether there's any upside to a chain moving into your neighborhood. Regardless of your view on chains, you have to read the story about my Italian relatives at the beginning of the article. It is 100% true.

No comments: